Take me to New York, April 2018
I just came back from New York and since my last New York guide was so popular I really want to share with you all the new amazing healthy places I discovered, thanks to all of your recommendations! Also, I will let you be part on my routine of getting ready for a long flight back home, when you don’t have the chance to actually prepare your own snacks.
Traveling healthy can be a challenge and traveling with intolerances even more so. Luckily there is an abundance of great places in New York. You just need to know where to go. Also, don’t be shy to ask for changes in your dish and share your allergies/intolerances with the waiter. The personell is super sensitive to customer needs and will make any changes you need.
Here are my newly discovered hot spots:
- Oatmeals – such a cute breakfast spot where you can personalise your own oatmeal bowl. My favourite combination is coconut milk, blueberries, honey, almonds and dates
- Le Botaniste – my favourite lunch place! You can make your own bowl or try one of their amazing stews. You have to try the beetroot caviar. It’s so so good!
- Morandi – a super delicious Italian place with lots a atmosphere. The fish and salads are great! Perfect place for an easy and tasty dinner.
- By Chloe – An all glutenfree restaurant with heavenly sweet potato fries, lots of smoothies and salads.
- Broken Coconut – a lovely lunch place where you can find all kinds of delicious super bowls and juices. Definitely worth a visit!
I hope your are going to love those places as much as I did. Can’t wait to go back already!
Now, let’s talk about the actual travel. You already know how I travel to my destination. Many of you wanted to know more about what I do on my way back though. The way to a destination is much easier as you have the chance to buy products you already know and make your own snacks and sandwiches. To find out more about how I travel to a destination click here. The way back can be a much bigger challenge though as you don’t know the local products and probably don’t have a chance to make your own snacks. But not to worry. I share with you how I manage this situation.
I usually find an organic shop close by and go there a day before I travel back, take some time and find myself some snacks. That might not always be easy (although I even found an organic supermarket in Mexico), when you are in New York, the mecca of health food it’s the most fun experience. I’m always looking forward to go to my favourite supermarket int he world, Whole Foods and try all kinds of new snacks. The variety is so huge you won’t be able to decide what to get. Just make sure to carefully read the packaging, to avoid any reactions! For this trip I bough the following:
- Diced Peppers – I just get the tray from the stewardess, use some salt and olive oil and can enjoy a healthy salad full of vitamin C
- Glutenfree crackers
- Coconut Cookies
- An apple
- Dried Mango, without any sulphites or additives
- Rice Crackers
I ate in the plane what I wanted to can enjoy the rest back home:)
If you are looking for more recommendations and health tips, check out my previous New York guide here. Also, all the places or products I suggest are my personal recommendations and no advertisement. I was not paid to write about the places, not did I get any free stuff for it.
Looking forward to to hearing any questions and comments you have!