Take me to Mexico August 2017
Mexico – My summer dream
Traveling to Mexico has been on top of my list of places I want to visit for years and this summer I finally travelled to Latin America for the very first time. The places I visited were Tulum and Playa del Carmen and it has been an incredible experience in terms of nature and especially of food! Since I discovered so many incredible places I want to share them here with you and take you to Mexico with me.
First of all, the service was absolutely incredible. If you have any intolerances or allergies Mexico is THE place for you. The service is unbelievably nice and thoughtful. Literally every single restaurant I went to was so welcoming and allowed me to make any changes I needed, for me to enjoy my experience there. Also, the food is super fresh! Since they don’t use any hormones and antibiotics, all the fish, meat and chicken is organic and especially delicious.
Honestly, I was a little nervous to go to Mexico since what I know of Mexican food is Guacamole and beans but I was so happy and relieved that Mexican food is so much more than that!
Now I want to get down to specifics and reveal to you my hot spots in Tulum:
- Raw Love – amazing breakfast bowls and smoothies
- Gitano – beautiful atmosphere and delicious starters
- Posada Margeritha – incredible fish
- Villa Pescadores – great lunch place. I had chicken and it was amazing
- Casa Violetta – the best brussel sprout salad I’ve ever eaten! (Random in Mexico but it’s a MUST)
- Be Tulum – The most beautiful place in Tulum for lunch or sunset drinks
- Taqueria la Eufemia – The best tacos in town ( I had a grilled fish taco and veggie taco and it was to die for)
If you get to go to Playa del Carmen don’t miss the restaurant Catch in the Thompson hotel. It’s definitely worth a visit.
Obviously food played an important part on the trip but there is so much to discover around Tulum.
Here are some activities you shouldn’t miss out on:
- Chichen Itza (the beautiful Mayan’s ruins and one of the 7 world wonders)
- Visit a Cenote (very cool experience)
- Akumal to see some turtles (we didn’t see any but usually they are there)
- Yoga by the beach (try the Senara hotel)
- Visit XPuah beach (beautiful beach and water and again amazing food haha)
Bottom line, it was an unforgettable trip and I can say that I came back with amazing memories and lots of new food inspiration!
I also have some health tips for you in case I could convince you to go to Mexico:
- Try a Yoga class by the beach
- Take long beach walks. We usually sit a lot in our day to day so use your vacation to get your 10 000 steps in a day and there is nothing more gorgeous than doing so by the beach
- Drink lots of coconut water. coconut is so so good for you. Since most of us don’t usually have access to fresh coconuts from the palm tree, use your time in Mexiko to drink lots of them.
- I love coconut but also don’t forget to drink lots of water.
- Go and find an organic shop to stock up on snacks for the flight home