Sweet Potato Toasts Sweet & Saltyback to main
Good Food is Good Mood
When I went to boarding school in England, toast was basically the main food you could find there. Any time of the day kids were eating toast! While I was generally ok with toast, I must say, I never ate it much. Mainly, because its not very nutritious nor, does it fill you up for long. I do however, love a delicious base with exciting toppings, which is how these sweet potato toasts came along. I love sweet potatoes and I love the idea to replace toast, with a healthy and delicious sweet potato. The best part is, there is no limit to what you can put on top. I show you my favourite sweet potato toasts, sweet & salty:
- lactose free cream cheese with cherries
- coconut yoghurt with figs, sunflower seeds and honey
- almond butter with apples and almonds
- almond butter with dates and shredded coconut
- coconut yogurt with blueberries
- Homemade Pesto, Quinoa, cucumber, parsley with olive oil and salt, topped off with Tahini
- lactose free cream cheese, radishes and watercress
I would love to see your creations so don’t forget to tag me with @nathaliescuisine and use #nathaliescuisine.
Happy Sweet Potating
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1 cm thick slices. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes in the oven. Place the ingredients for the sweet or salty toasts on top and serve.