As some of you might have seen, I’ve been to New York quite a few times and always love to come back. During my last visit in July this year I received so many messages of you asking, where I go to eat and how I stay healthy when traveling to a different city. Therefore, I decided to put together my favourite spots and tips how I stay healthy when traveling abroad.
Let me first start by saying that I love New York! The energy, the options, the buzz, the people, the food, the museums, the shops… there is so much going on in New York that I always want to come back for a visit and leave with tons of new impressions and inspiration.
The city that never sleeps has so much to offer, it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes but at the same time is just so so exciting!
To help any future New York traveler and health addict like me to find the right spots I share with you my top places and tips.
One of the main challenges, especially for people with intolerances (and if you have any you know the feeling) is to find delicious cafes and restaurants to eat in a city you are not from. If you get the chance to go to New York (and you should definitely do that) here are my hot spots:
- The Butcher’s Daughter – amazing green juices, smoothies and salads + super nice service
- Juice Generation – great smoothies and juices on the go
- Jack’s Wife Freda – amazing dishes and location
- Two Hands Cafe – Yummy cauliflower couscous
- De Maria – all day super amazing food
- Sweetgreen – when you need a quick lunch and you want to make your own salad creation
There are of course so many more places but these are surely on top of my list for great food that is fresh and delicious so don’t miss out on them;).
You may need to make a few changes to some dishes but don’t be afraid to ask politely. Especially in New York there is a high awareness of intolerances.
While food is super important for a fun and healthy trip there is more to it:
- Don’t forget to drink at least 2 litres of still water
- Use the vacation and the amazing streets of New York to walk your 10 000 steps a day (you can track them with your phone)
- Get your sleep on! Vacation is time to explore and reset your body so make sure you catch up on all of that sleep you missed out during busy weeks.
- I took a probiotic in the morning and evening to keep the good bacteria in the system and my stomach on track
- I don’t drink caffeine but I really recommend you to try and avoid it to really give your body a chance to reset. Plus if you get your sleep in, no need for that coffee;)
- Vacation is also a time to let loose so treat yourself with a cocktail or a drink. The safest options for people with intolerances is clear alcohol. If you do want to indulge in a cocktail ask the waiter for the specific ingredients and not to add any sugar
- New York offers the most amazing places to work out. Find a workout you always wanted to try and join a class.. There is no better place in the world for that. I loved Yoga Maya, Soulcycle and Equinox Gym but I plan to try so much more!
All the places I suggested are my personal recommendation and no advertisement!
Did you like this Blogpost? Would love to hear your Feedback. Leave a comment below or send me an Email to email@example.com